At work, I’m deploying Software to Windows XP embedded Clients. The Past days, i was analyzing a problem with Microsoft “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 (KB929300)”. The Installation Log said:
DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a is not installed.
This Error is kind of confusing, since .NET Framework 3.0 was already installed, and there’s actually no version 3.0a which you can download. I then decided (after a lot of other ideas, which didn’t work out) to extract the 3.5 (yes, 3.5) Redist Package using winrar, and found the following MSI:
This MSI tells you to use setup.exe, and quits installing, so it has to be edited (I’ve used ORCA to do so). After I installed it, i was finally able to install .NET Framework 3.5